Chi Transformation |
Do it yourself in 7 easy steps. Try this self help abdominal massage. I recommend practicing steps 1 thru 4 each day and taking a whole hour once per week for the full routine.
1. Lie down on your back with feet flat, knees raised, supported by pillows.
2. Breathe long and deep toward your sacrum (the triangular bone at the end of your spinal cord), first filling your abdomen, then your chest. Exhale, dropping your chest first, then your abdomen. Breathe gently this way throughout the session.
3. Using the fingertips of both hands, gently massage the skin around your navel. Do this for 5 to 10 minutes every day to improve digestion and elimination and relieve nerve, back or neck pain, water retention and excess bedy weight.
4. Detox: Move away from the navel, massage by pumping the belly, alternating with both hands (5 to 10 minutes daily).
5. Starting from your left side under the rib cage, firmly but gently massage and pull down toward your navel from under your ribs. Repeat on the right side.
6. Massage your lower abdomen by rubbing clockwise a few times, then counter clockwise. Alternate pumping with both hands. Massage deeply from inside your pelvic bones up toward your navel.
7. Finishing touch: Lay your hands flat and send heat to your abdomen, breathing softly for a few minutes. Note: Once you master this technique try using two small smooth river rocks under your fingers for a Rock Yoga auto massage, with or without massage oil.
Last updated July 26/2001
Designed by Imagivity